And the President of VGAD is… Misia Bloniarz! The one who pretends to get things done.
The President is responsible for the vision and direction of the club. It is their responsibility to set short and long term goals for the club and to revise these goals as needed. Responsibilities of the president include but may not be limited to:
- Calling weekly club meetings
- Calling executive meetings
- Developing meeting agendas
- Representing the club in external settings
- Developing schedules/plans for the long- and short-term goals of the club
- Delegating tasks as necessary
Andrew Somerville is the Vice President of VGAD. His pizza review skills are legendary.
The Vice President is responsible for assisting the President and ensuring the smooth functioning of the club on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities of the Vice President include but may not be limited to:
- Assisting the President with their tasks
- Acting in the President’s stead if they are unable to complete their tasks
- Ensuring other executive members are able to complete their assigned tasks, and helping or delegating tasks when necessary
- Taking meeting minutes
- Helping new members integrate into the club by answering questions or directing them appropriately
Franklin Zhang handles VGAD’s modest sum of gold, as our Treasurer.
The Treasurer is responsible for handling money matters of the club. Responsibilities of the treasurer include but may not be limited to:
- Keeping track of receipts produced by club purchases
- Updating financial records and budgets in a timely fashion
- Writing grant applications
- Corresponding with financial institutions
The role of VP Internal is filled by none other than Omer Ahmed. He loves Comp Sci, Creative Writing, and
long walks on the beach seeing what people in clubs have made!
The Internal Communications Director is responsible for the maintenance of the club’s internal infrastructure and communications. Responsibilities of the Internal Communications Director include but may not be limited to:
- Maintaining the club’s social media outlets
- Maintaining the club’s website
- Facilitating communication between club members and executive members
- Organizing internal club events (LAN parties etc.)
As VP External, Daniel Jin connects VGAD to the rest of the world.
The External Communications Director is responsible for maintaining communication between the club and external parties and representing the club in external environments. Responsibilities of the External Communications Director include but may not be limited to:
- Outgoing communications to parties such as: the U of A, the Computing Science department, the Students’ Union, other clubs, and entities outside of the university
- Attend external meetings
- Organize recruitment and club promotion, which includes clubs fairs, postering etc.